Things to Consider When Choosing a Long Distance Moving Company
Are you getting ready to make a long-distance move? Whether you’re moving one state over or all the way across the country, hiring the best long-distance moving company for the job will alleviate stress and help make your move as stress-free as possible.
What should you look for when it comes to long-distance movers?
Let’s take a look at the most important factors to consider when you’re shopping around for cross-country moving companies to coordinate your move.
EXPLORE WHAT SERVICES THEY OFFER
A major point to consider when you’re looking for the long-distance moving company that best suits your needs is what all services they offer, and comparing them to your specific needs.
- For example, do they only offer transportation of your goods? Or do they offer services like packing, short-term and long-term storage solutions, and more?
- For a long-distance move in particular, you need to know how thorough their services are in order to plan for other necessary arrangements.
- Cross-country moving companies that are high in-demand will likely be booked up for some time. When possible, plan your move as far ahead of time as possible in order to ensure that they will be available for your long-distance trek.
EXAMINE YOUR ESTIMATE TO ENSURE IT FITS YOUR BUDGET.
Cross-country moving companies that offer free, no-obligation estimates are a good place to start when comparing service providers.
- Narrow down your list of choices not only based on how low the rate is, but also by what all is included in that scope of services, as well as how clearly their customer service representative communicates with you.
- Keep in mind that an up-front estimate with no hidden charges or fees will likely bode well for your move—and your budget.
- When a company representative analyzes all aspects of your move and carefully considers your unique situation, you’ll receive the most accurate number possible, allowing you to plan and save accordingly.
- You are also an important part of the estimate procurement process. Before booking your move, take a complete inventory of the belongings you’ll be taking with you to your new home.
- This will assist your long-distance moving company when assessing the precise number of trucks, movers, and (when applicable) storage units you’ll need.
- Prior to planning your move, start decluttering and organizing your belongings. Broken or damaged furniture pieces, for example, may cost more than what they are actually worth to be shipped.
- Consider selling, tossing, or donating items you no longer want or need to pare down your overall amount of belongings to be moved.
EXPERIENCE AND REPUTATION ARE KEY
Keep in mind that a long-distance move encompasses many factors that a local move does not.
- For instance, moves made across more than a couple hundred miles require additional moving permits, certifications, and equipment in order to do so.
- A trusted, experienced long-distance moving company will be prepared for the challenge, guiding and informing you along the way.
- Researching customer reviews is also a good practice when entrusting a particular cross-country moving company with such a major move. Firsthand accounts of a prior moving experience with a particular moving company can provide you with very valuable feedback.
Are you ready to book your long-distance move with the best in the business?
Morse Moving & Storage are ready to serve. Call us today to get started.